Think you need to hit the organic, gluten-free aisle of the supermarket to get all the ingredients needed for weight loss? Think again! You don’t have to break the bank to make some small changes that could make a big impact toward your weight loss goals! In fact, see which of these staples you already have in your pantry.AWW
1. Tuna. Those cans of tuna should be put to use more than you think. More than just a lunch option, tuna is high in protein and omega-3 fatty acids that makes it a smart choice on busy nights to add to a salad or toast some bread for a crispy dinner sandwich.
2. Cayenne. As the temperatures drop, warm up your palette by adding spicy cayenne to increase your body temperature and rev up your metabolism. We also don’t mind that capsaicin in cayenne helps the brain release endorphins!
3. Green Tea. If you can control yourself to move away from the pumpkin spice lattes, choose a green tea instead. By boosting metabolism and suppressing your appetite, sipping on green tea in the afternoon will be a smarter choice than a creamy latte, save those treats for special day.
4. Cinnamon. Fall is the perfect time to be adding cinnamon spice to smoothies, recipes, and your morning oatmeal. The warm and nutty spice boosts metabolism, aids in digestion and could even help regulate your blood sugar. Add some to your coffee for extra taste can even help you cut back on sugar.
5. Soup. Soup is a warm weather staple, and if you make some at home you will cut down on a lot of calories and sodium. Substitute whole wheat pasta in your soup for lower carbs and high fiber, or lentils for a protein and fiber packed soup. So now is the time to call up mom, and finally write down her secret chicken noodle soup recipe.
What items do you already have in your pantry? Clean out your pantry this weekend to see what staples you can use in a new way for a JERSEY STRONG weight loss journey! Find these tips and more at this article’s original source here.